Column Posts is a WordPress plugin that allows you to display your posts in columns. The columns can be classified by categories or posts.
These are the features:
- The columns can be grouped by categories or posts.
- The column boxes can be displayed between 1 to 3 columns.
- The category title can be redefined.
- The categories can be selected manually or displayed all.
- The categories can be ordered by id, name and listed in the include category.
- The number of posts can be specified.
- The posts can be shown with excerpts, thumbnails or only post title.
- Sticky posts can be hidden.
- Only posts with thumbnails by category can be shown.
- The posts can be ordered by title or date.
- The size of the thumbnails is configurable.
- The appearance of the elements shown in the plugin can be configured.
- This plugin has the flexibility to be used as a template tag or widget.
The configuration page of this plugin is divided in five sections: Usage, Columns, Categories, Posts and Styling.
Usage section: This section explains how this plugin can be used. There are two ways to use this plugin: template tag and widget.
Column section: This section allows you to choose how the columns will be grouped and the numbers of columns to be displayed.
Categories section: This section allow you to redefine the category title, include or exclude categories and change their ordering.
Posts section: In this section, you can specify the number of posts to show, adjust the lenght of the title, hide sticky posts, show excerpts and thumbnails.
Styling section: In this section, you can change the styling of the column posts such as font family, font color. font size, etc .
The following image shows you the output of the plugin: